On January 1, 2004, the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act ("PIPEDA") became applicable to Advocis.
It deals with the collection, use, distribution and retention of information. It is applicable in all provinces that do not have similar acts.
In order to meet your needs as a member, it is necessary to maintain accurate information about you. Therefore, when you deal with us, we will collect, use, distribute and retain relevant information for the service or transaction. We will not disclose your information to any person without your permission.
We will disclose your information as set out below
- Disclosure as necessary to effect a transaction or service. For example, disclosure will be made to third parties for certain registrations provided they too have appropriate privacy policies.
- Disclosure will be made if we are compelled to do so by law. We will only disclose the specific information requested.
We assume that you will want to receive your usual mailings. You have the ability to opt out of specific mailings. To do so, please fill out the Member's privacy form. Note: You must log in before you can access this page.
You may opt out of any of the following:
- Advocis Professional Development/Educational information materials
- Government/Industry Advocacy Materials
- Advocis Information and News Broadcast Material
- FORUM Magazine
- Advocis 'Find An Advisor' online directory
- National Conference Sponsor Materials
- Third-party information distributed by Advocis
- Third-party Information distributed by Advocis Partners/Affiliates
- Permission to disclose information to your employer
If you have any further questions about privacy, please contact Advocis' Privacy officer.