FOR THE PUBLIC
As a condition of membership in Advocis, all members agree to abide by the Advocis Code of Professional Conduct (CPC).*
- Priority of Client's Interest: An Advocis Member shall act in a client's best interests
- Integrity: An Advocis Member shall act with integrity
- Competence: An Advocis Member shall act competently
- Diligence: An Advocis Member shall act diligently
- Disclosure: An Advocis Member shall act transparently
- Professionalism: An Advocis Member shall act in a manner that reflects positively upon all other Advocis Members
- Confidentiality: An Advocis Member shall respect and protect the privacy of others and the confidentiality of client information
- Respect for the Law: An Advocis Member shall act in accordance with the spirit and principles of the law
The CPC is part of an overall framework that includes Practice Standards, Best Practices Applications, and Disciplinary Procedures.
* Advocis Members who are authorized to hold the Certified Financial Planner (CFP®) designation are governed in the first instance by the Code of Ethics adopted by the Financial Planners Standards Council.
Advocis® and APA® are trademarks of The Financial Advisors Association of Canada.
Financial Planners Standards Council awards the CFP® marks in Canada under licence agreement with the CFP® Board of Standards Inc.